Monday 7 April 2014

Pho Cafe, Battersea Rise




Thursday was a very special night, not only for me, but also for my hosts, as it marked the second night ever for Pho on Battersea Rise.

You may have heard the name (or waited in line outside the Soho branch), but there’s a reason Pho is so popular, and it was no surprise to me that they were expanding across London.

Wednesday and Thursday were trial nights in Battersea, but you’d be hard pushed to find fault. No teething problems for the waiting staff, who stayed calm and collected despite the packed out tables, which, I might add, caught the attention of many a passerby. Everyone was friendly and patient, and were brilliant at explaining the dishes to us…

…Which brings us to the food. As you’ll read above, the restaurant is named after the main attraction; the Pho. These soupy noodles are hearty, healthy, and with sixteen variations (not to mention the extensive list of extras) your bowl can be tailored to suit any tastebuds. I’d made sure to fill my table with fellow foodies, and the half that went for Pho were all very pleased indeed.

I, however, chose the Xào, a sweet dish of king prawns, green beans, sugar snaps and chilli, served with steamed rice. It was lip-smackingly great, and although I’m all for trying new things, I can see this becoming my regular next time I go.

I should also mention the starters that we enjoyed on arrival. Rice paper rolls, crispy spring rolls, baby squid and the best damn prawn crackers I’ve ever had.

So if you want to be filled to the brim with tasty, feel-good food, grab yourself a bowl of Pho.

No comments:

Post a Comment