Thursday 25 July 2013

Burger and Lobster, Farringdon




With this blog in its very early stages, I thought I would also share with you some new experiences that I have had recently.


A few weeks ago, I helped my best friend celebrate her 22nd birthday at Burger and Lobster in Farringdon. I had heard so much about the chain, and was itching to go, not wanting to feel out of the loop for any longer. Although we had to wait quite a while for a table, the bar area was clear and a bottle of bubbles made the time pass nicely. But soon we were seated in a lovely leather banquette, and the feasting was about to begin! I loved the art that hung around the restaurant, all by Russian artist Alexandr Grigorev. He also designed the restaurant’s logo, and the very sexy plastic bibs too.

Burger and Lobster doesn’t have a menu as there are only three things on offer: burger, lobster, or lobster roll, for £20 each. All are served with salad and fries, and if you can’t decide, you can go half and half with a friend. If and when you go, make sure there’s at least one burger and one lobster at your table because, believe me, you are going to want to try both! Everything in that meal, even the sides, were contenders for the best I’ve ever tasted. Although I managed to resist pouring the garlic butter sauce all over my lobster, a few chips managed to find their way to be dunked – chips and garlic butter sauce? Does it get any better?! And there’s even desserts, if you’ve got room.

So all in all, a great experience. I couldn’t say that it’s the best in London (my heart belongs to Big Easy’s lobster festival, and always will!), but it certainly is up there.

Do check out the other branches too, which are all listed on their website. You can reserve, but only for parties of six or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment