Friday 30 August 2013

Annie Hall, Nomad Cinema



Yesterday I was treated to an evening at the Palace… Fulham Palace, that is! The Nomad is a mobile, pop-up cinema company that raises funds through movie nights to support its charity, The Sustainability Institute. They have a whole host of movies showing this month, and next, at a range of exciting venues, but last night I was there to see Annie Hall.

After watching the Imagine… Woody Allen documentary on BBC a few weeks ago, I was especially excited to see this movie. I enjoy his stand-up but realized recently that I haven’t seen one of his films all the way through. I absolutely loved it! The chemistry between Allen and Keaton, the scenes of 1970s New York (my second favourite city!) and the funny little skits and sketches which Allen is famous for; all of it was great, and it proved to me that, although I was unsure before, I would certainly consider myself a Woody Allen fan. Next on the to-watch list: Manhattan!

If you’re going to watch a classic movie, what better way to do it than on a beautiful evening, at a beautiful venue, with a beautiful picnic! We provided our own, but there were sandwiches and snacks available to buy, as well as drinks at a fancy looking gin bar! You could also have your photo taken in a pop-up photo-booth, complete with Alvy and Annie costumes, a camera, a broom and a plastic lobster, to recreate the film’s most well-known scene.

Have a look at the calendar on the Nomad website and see if there’s anything you fancy. With tickets starting at £8.50, it is certainly makes for an excellent evening out. Better be quick though, while the weather is still so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment